Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sean's brief stop home/Beach weekend - and Park fight


Sean completed Boot camp! he stopped home for one day before heading to South Carolina for full duty - before then leaving on a ship. I couldn't be more proud of him! he had some hysterical stories about camp and I now have no doubt that he made the right decision for himself. Its amazing but we managed to get all my brothers together and go out for dinner. Andrew I have to say is a handful!! but in the end we managed and had a great time. I wish Sean and Jessica the best of luck and I'm going to miss my baby brother. Click here for pictures

We enjoyed Gilgo beach on Sunday and the Camacho's joined us for our annual beach trip. Again and all day affair. But the boys really enjoy it - therefore so do we! I forgot my camera and could kick myself.

On Thursday I came home from work and Anthony came running to me (as usual) saying Maaammaa! I looked at his face and he had some pretty deep scratches on him. I didn't want to scare him by screaming OMG! so I gave a quick kiss and looked firmly at Mimi (our Au Pair). She explained to me that he was in the park and wanted to play with a 4 year old kids truck well the boy wasn't happy and scratched Anthony's face. Anthony indeed hit back but - this whole incident took 5 years off my life. My first reaction (who ever knows me - knows this) was to take down his mother. I first calmed myself down - and then - sat him down and asked him "did a boy hit you in the park today? "yeah" Did you hit him back? "yeah" are you okay? "yesss". I then explained that if someone hits you - you are to hit back hard and quick. Then I sat Paulie down and explained that if anyone hits your brother - you are to hit them too! My cousin who is a teacher advised me against this - but I stand my ground on this one - I really don't care - at all. Its how I was taught.

No comments: