Monday, September 15, 2008

A Short Mother's Note...

The weekend was running around with the kids as usual. I lay down with Paulie (only because Anthony doesn't need me to - at all) everynight before he goes to bed for about 10 min. I don't mind and my motto is - It won't be long before he wants nothing to do with me, in a way, right now I have control and before you know it, well I just won't.
When I do - he snuggles up next to me and I pretend to be sleeping to trick him into closing his eyes. I open one eye to see what's going on and he takes his lovie and runs it on my cheek and nose (like he does to himself) and says in a whispering voice "night, night mommy--sleep ight mommy" and does a second snuggle. He thinks he put me to sleep! These are the little things that keep me going - I simply could not live a day without my kids! Although I would love a weekend getaway - I'm not sure I would be able to breathe.

No comments: