Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend - 2008

We were due for a visit upstate so we packed up and left Saturday morning. My crazy mother-in-law has a Hummer, HHR, Tractors, 4 wheelers and golf carts. There are also a lot of animals like: horses, goats, roosters, cows etc.. basically a little boys paradise - or - at least my boys.
Click here are some pics
So we bbq and soaked up all the fresh mountain air for the weekend. The boys were so excited with all the trucks they didn't want to go to sleep. So the next night we took them for drive to put them to bed - yup it worked!!

I came to the realization this weekend that the boys pretty much get whatever they want - and stepped out of my shoes for a moment to see the reaction of them when they didn't. I also realized that because, for the past couple of months their speech wasn't the greatest (getting much better now) that I basically would ask them if they wanted something constantly and pretty when I got a Yeessss - I gave it to them. Now I have to start telling them what's going to happen and what's not. Otherwise....well any parent knows... little horns appear on the head. This is one of the moments when its rough to have two at the same age.

No comments: