Monday, November 12, 2007

Trying to keep things simple

This weekend was a bit nuts! Everytime I try to slow them down (for my own sanity) they, for some reason become more overwhelming. SO.... Friday night I took Paul to see Damon Waynes comedy show for his Birthday with Frank and Jen (Joey "Guns" mommy and daddy) and we ate at Ruby Foo's which was just ehh - but very close to the Beacon theather where the show was (again, trying to keep things simple). The show was HYSTERICAL - got home at midnight.
Saturday up early and play with the kids (Thank God - I really don't drink a lot anymore - alright! - I said anymore!). Paul and I decided to put on a movie other than Barney or Sesame Street and popped in the Disney movie "Cars" - well Paulie just LOVED it - Anthony too but, his attention span is a bit less than Paulie (as of now at least). Paulie just cuddled up with me as I remember I used to do with my Dad, It just made me feel great! and Anthony for the FIRST TIME in 21 months gave me a kiss - a couple of kisses!! it was a special day.
Grammy came over and we had an appt at Kiddie Kandids to try and get our Christmas Photo's out of the way - it was a NIGHTMARE! first Paulie wasn't in the mood and the photographer COMPLETELY SUCKED! 20 minutes into it I picked up and walked out - then after a moments thought, I decided, since the fat photographer runied my day I'd ruin hers. I asked Grammy and Brian to watch the kids for a minute AND went back to give her/them a good peice of my mind. Anyone who knows me... well picture it. It was a bitch enough to get the twins dressed in the shirt and ties and then that! I felt better after my "peice of mind" - thats what I call it. We then went to visit the boys Great Grandma and Great Grandpa - It was Great Grammy's birthday. We played in her living room and ate cookies - very cool.
Saturday night was Uncle Rob's Birthday, Grammy babysat (thank you Grammy!) and we went to Peter Luger's in Brooklyn for a 8:45 pm reservation (even after me practically begging my brother for earlier one - 8:45 it was-its his birthday). It was great steak. I was actually happier at the lounge next door having my glass of wine with my parents - oh yeah and watching my father/husband flirt with the cute blonde bartender as if he were 19 all over again - it was funny. Again home at 11:45pm.
Sunday morning we had a day at the Palisades mall in Nyack and it was okay. we thought they would want to walk around for a bit, but of course decided to run around in different directions and then found the play car/truck machines. In which they wanted to sit in all day. I have to ask why, why, why wouldn't they put a machine that accepts dollar bills on all machines??? its kind of frustrating when your kid sees it and practically leaps into it and then your searching for quarters. (these rides use to be a .25 - now there $1.25) so what are the chances that a parent has roll of quarters in their pocket? or 2.50 cents in quarters for that matter? no leave your kid(s) in the ride and walk away to the dollar change maching. Annoying and I had to vent. Anyway we went to Friday's for dinner and home to bathtime - then bed! ahhhhhhhhh.











No comments: